The following was copied form the third paragraph of the General Laws of the Loyal Order of the Moose
The purposes of the fraternal and charitable lodges, chapters, and other units are to:
- Unite in the bonds of fraternity, benevolence, and charity, all acceptable persons of good character
- Educate and improve their members and the families of their members, socially, morally, and intellectually.
- Assist their members and their families in time of need.
- Aid and assist the aged members of lodges, chapters, and their spouses.
- Encourage and educate their members in patriotism and obedience to the laws of the country in which the lodge, chapter or other units exist.
- Encourage tolerance of every kind.
- Render particular service to children in need by the operation of one or more vocational, educational institutions of the type and character of the institution now called "Mooseheart", and located at Mooseheart, in the State of Illinois.
- Serve aged members and/or their spouses at one or more institutions of the characte and type f the place called "Moosehaven" located at Orange Park, in the State of Florida.
- Create and maintain foundations, endowment funds, trust funds and subsidiary or related corporations, whether nonprofit or for profit, for the purpose of carrying on, aiding and assisting the charitable and philanthropic enterprises heretofore mentioned.